Friday, December 11, 2015

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.539

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the Grand Canyon. I am using the photo seen directly below. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on an 10x10 inch canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

Although I've changed a few small areas of the orange most of my effort has gone into the central foreground shadowed portions and the green to the far right. Note that the blue shadows no longer go only vertically. I've attempted to add horizontals to make things just a bit closer to the photo. I've also subdued the green area to be consistent with the lighting. The painting is now completed.

The current and final version of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have a new painting to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home