Friday, October 30, 2015

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.533

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be starting a new painting of the Grand Canyon. I am using the photo seen directly below. This is a portion of one that I took there this past summer. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on and 10x10 inch canvas.

I've tried this before with not very good results. Hopefully this one will turn out better. Anyway, I started with a grid drawn on both a copy of the original photo and the canvas. In this way, I was able to roughly transfer the location of elements to the canvas with some accuracy. I then sketched in the scene using the grid lines as location points. I added some paint in the shadows and to the sky. It's a start.

The current and final state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home