Friday, December 19, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.488

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the vintage Boeing Stratocruiser, my continuing detour from the Cape May 2nd Empire VIctorian house. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 5 by 7 inch gallery-wrapped canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting

In fact, I have done a lot of work on the painting. The entire canvas now has at least an initial layer of paint. Note that it's all done in blue. I was hoping to convey a sense of an early misty morning, similar to what seems to be happening in the original photo. I was hoping to do the entire piece in blue. I'll have to see how that works out. Meanwhile, I've spent considerable time on the Stratocruiser itself. The plane now carries (mostly) the same relationship of darker and lighter elements seen in the photo. In fact, the plane is mostly complete except for the undercarriage and a few other details. It's a fun experiment so far.

The current state of the painting is seen directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home