Friday, December 05, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.486

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be taking a detour from the Cape May 2nd Empire VIctorian house. I've actually been thinking about the trip we're planning for next summer. To be succinct, I hate flying. With my motion sickness (dramamine is not terribly helpful), low blood pressure and the cramped conditions, the flying experience is miserable. Modern jet planes cause me unease on both takeoff and landing. Somewhere along the line I started thinking about old propeller-driven airliners and came upon the photo seen directly below. I'd love to try flying on this old Boeing 307 even if it would likely double the flying time. Anyway, I thought it would be a wonderful thing to paint, and did just that. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 5 by 7 inch gallery-wrapped canvas.

I started with my now usual pencil grid and sketch. Then I painted in the plane. The background came afterward. Rather than small weekly steps, the final result is seen directly below. An interesting detour from my usual stuff, no?

I'll have more progress on the Cape May house to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home