Friday, April 11, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.452

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be starting a new painting. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 9x12 gallery-wrapped canvas.

 photo paintRR_zpsa80c7cc2.jpg

This photo started out with more foliage to the left side but the width made it inappropriate for the 9x12 canvas. I cropped it to make it useful for this piece. It depicts a 1937 Rolls Royce with palm trees providing an appealing backdrop. I was immediately reminded of the Grey Poupon commercial shown some years ago.

I began with my pencil grid and sketch. Upon this framework, I placed the initial brushstrokes. I'm looking forward to further progress on this painting.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have a new painting to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home