Friday, March 07, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.447

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the 1954 Hudson ruin. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 8x10 gallery-wrapped canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I started by adding a layer of blue paint to the sky. This will change but provides a starting point. Below the sky, the car has seen a number of changes. The first layer of paint has been applied to the body. Hopefully, future layers of paint will come closer to the color seen in the photo. Note that the bumper has had highlights and shadows added. I'm not quite happy with the bumper yet but it's a start. Finally, one taillight has been painted red just because I couldn't resist.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home